Letter to Editor
Volume 2 | Issue 4 | JOCR Oct-Dec 2012 | Page 35 |
A New Device for Percutaneous Elevation of the Depressed Fractures of Tibial Condyles- A Response.
Author: :Yashavantha KC 
 M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore- 40056, India.
Address of Correspondence: Dr Yashavantha Kumar C, 1M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To begin with I would like to congratulate the authors for inventing a new instrument in the surgical management of Schatzker Type II and Type III tibial plateau fractures . To be honest we have not used this instrument for management of such fractures, but we are have few queries. With your permission I humbly request the author address these issues.
1. Most of Schatzker Type II and Type III tibial plateau fractures are seen in osteoporotic bones in older age and are comminuted most of the times which have been excluded from your study.
2. The diameter of the solid inner piston is 10 mm may not be sufficient to elevate comminuted fragments.
3. Why not use bone graft to support elevated bone fragments because we are not sure if the screw can hold entire elevated bone fragment?
4. In few cases you have use only one screw. Is single screw sufficient to hold the elevated fragment?
5. How to get this instrument if we want to use this? I would like to congratulate the author again and wish him all the best.
We are eager to try this instrument in our institute . I thank the Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports to for giving this opportunity.
Yashavantha Kumar C
M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore- 40056, India.
|How to Cite This Article: Yashavantha KC. A New Device for Percutaneous Elevation of the Depressed Fractures of Tibial Condyles- A Response. Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports 2012 Oct-Dec; 2(4):35.Available from:https://www.jocr.co.in/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/jocr-oct-dec-2012-11-Letter-to-Editor.pdf|
[button link=”https://www.jocr.co.in/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/jocr-oct-dec-2012-11-Letter-to-Editor.pdf” newwindow=”yes”] Download PDF version[/button]
Dear Reader, We are very excited about New Features in JOCR. Please do let us know what you think by Clicking on the Sliding “Feedback Form” button on the <<< left of the page or sending a mail to us at email@example.com